Best songs of 1960s, rock and roll music greatest hits
Welcome to one of the most popular Baby Boomer sites on the web.
Everyone born between 1946 and 1964 is a Boomer just like us. We still have an open future ahead of us, so choose to enjoy the good things in life!
Welcome to our world.
Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album
rock and roll best songs, greatest music hits
Share a smile with a friend. Tell them about this site or mention it on your blog. Links are good too--and we will post yours. A smile a day keeps the doctor away.
You are welcome to comment on a posting or share some of your own experiences (today or back in the day).
© 2008-2016 Boomers Life
Updated January 22, 2016
1960s Best Songs
It's love, rolling stones,
beatles and beach, boys.
50 Top Hits of
rock and roll
See the videos
During the summer of love in 1967, young people descended on San Francisco and other destinations "with flowers in their hair" as the lyrics go. Paisley shirts, bell bottom trousers, fanciful caps and long hair (afros and shoulder-length) were prevailing garb for young men. Free-flowing dresses with country prints were popular among young women, with headbands, zodiac-love-charm jewelry, and minimal make-up rounding out their "flower children" apearance. It was a time to protest the war in Vietnam by day, then chill out in open parties at night where good music, gallon-jug wine, marijuana and relatively free sex could be experienced. Bob Dylan, the Doors and the Rolling Stones made the songs that captured the times.
Mixed with this was the growing beach culture and its surfing music. It was drenched in surfing and sun all day, then beach parties all night -- around fire pits on the sand, empty beer bottles overflowing the trash cans, and the Beach Boys cranked up on portable radios. California merged the two cultures, and became one of the destinations for teens who wanted to get out on the open road and "see America," as evoked in movies like Easy Rider.
Curiously added to this mixture was the arrival of a group from Liverpool to America and the rest of the world, know as the Beatles. They evolved alongside us from young-teen sounds like "I Want to Hold Your Hand" to the more grown-up strains of "Hey Jude." We grew up and changed during those years also, taking the first steps of what would become our life. With us we carried the sounds and images of those days.
Quote source: Boomerguy boomerslife.org
1960s music concerts
1960s music concerts
Click the song to play the video.... Hits
1. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
2. Respect - Aretha Franklin
3. Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
4. I Heard It through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
5. Hey Jude - Beatles
6. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
7. Light My Fire - Doors
8. You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin' - Righteous Brothers
9. Louie Louie - Kingsmen
10. My Girl - Temptations
11. She Loves You - Beatles
If you like 1960s Music
check out this rockin' new book
12. You Really Got Me - Kinks
13. In The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
14. Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
15. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
16. A Day In The Life - Beatles
17. Papa's Got A Brand New Bag - James Brown
18. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
19. My Generation - The Who
20. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
21. Mr. Tambourine Man - Byrds
22. Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
23. Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
24. When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge
25. I Want To Hold Your Hand - Beatles
26. A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum
27. House Of The Rising Sun - Animals
28. Yesterday - Beatles
29. Be My Baby - Ronettes
30. Where Did Our Love Go - Supremes
31. Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane (& White Rabbit)
32. I Saw Her Standing There - Beatles
33. Green Onions - Booker T. & the MGs
34. The Sounds Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
35. I Want You Back - Jackson 5
36. Soul Man - Sam & Dave
37. I Get Around - Beach Boys
38. Reach Out, I'll Be There - Four Tops
39. Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
40. Ain't Too Proud To Beg - Temptations
41. All Day And All Of The Night - Kinks
42. Mony Mony - Tommy James & the Shondells
43. Jumpin' Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
44. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
45. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
46. White Room - Cream
47. Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones
48. Ticket To Ride - Beatles
49. The Tracks Of My Tears - Smokey Robinson & Miracles
50. California Dreamin' - The Mamas & the Papas
Some bonus songs----
51. She's Not There - Zombies
52. Just A Little - Beau Brummels
53. Runaway - Del Shannon
Report any broken
links to Boomerguy
For inside stories
about Springsteen, Madonna,
and other rocking Boomers, see
this remarkable book -- just out!
1960s rock and roll,
the best songs and
greatest music hits
Great site. Ran across it as I was doing some research on music from the 60's. Love it. Although I think I prefer hippie. Keep up the good work.
-- Todd G, Nebraska
Love the website. 50 best songs is a kick and hard to argue with, though one could spend all night debating what songs belong. One I'd remove - "Proud Mary." Maybe replace with Zombies "She's Not There" or "Just A Little" by Beau Brummels.
-- Tom A, Lake Bluff, IL
Love the music compilations, thank you! Great site.
-- Susan, Falls Church, VA
Just love your website -- what a great idea to be able to listen to all these amazing hits with the click of a mouse -- puts you right back into the fun times you had when you were younger.
-- Gudrun S, Sherman Oaks, CA
You can post a comment for this article,
or for anything on our website. Just click here .
More greatest hits, from the
Our purpose is to help rebuild the Boomer community, and our justifiable pride in it, as well as to enjoy a better life for ourselves and those important to us. May all the best be yours.
music, people and issues of interest to Boomers
Photographs and artwork are original on this site, or permission was obtained for images clearly copyrighted. Other images such as record albums are understood to be in the public domain for fair use. If for any reason an image has been shown for which you are the photographer/artist and were not consulted, please let us know so that proper permission can be obtained or the image deleted. -